Tuesday, September 15, 2009

DAILY TIP FOR A BETTER AND SEXIER DAY: GET A HAIR CUT!

Good Morning:)

Hope you are enjoying your tips so far. They have helped me maintain my own sanity as I look for work and I hope they do the same for someone else.

Today's tip is a simple one that for sure changed the way I looked at myself today and hopefully can do the same for you. TIP OF THE DAY: GET A HAIR CUT!!!!

I found myself rubbing my eyes from six hours of job searching and thought, "Hey this is a great time to take a break." As I rose from my decade old hard wooden chair I went to the bathroom to wash my face. My decision to take a break quickly turned into the worst choice of my life as I looked in the mirror. Any ounce of self esteem that once existed quickly fizzled out of my body and washed itself down my bathroom sink as I gazed at the horrifying sight of my dead hair. I know, I know, hair is dead to begin with, but my hair was not just dead it was slain dead. It wasn't laying there still and at peace, it was mangled and slaughtered, looking angry and vengeful.


The deadness and spilt ends started to consume me. What if I got an interview? I couldn't go to it like this. What if I wanted to leave the house someday? I couldn't do it like this. I frantically started to dial hair salons looking for the best deal. As I set my two o'clock appointment I felt relieved and excited.

There is nothing like a hair cut. I sat in the chair as the hair dresser worked her magic, releasing the spilt ends and laying them to rest on the salon's floor. When all the washing and cutting was done, I was a new woman. It doesn't matter where you go, super cuts for 15 dollar or to a fancy salon, the feeling of rejuvenation is the same and sometimes, a little bit of rejuvenation goes an extra long way. I looked at myself in the mirror no longer stunned and was ready to get back to work looking for work, a much happier person.

So the 60 second tip of the day, Get a hair cut, rejuvenate and be the best version of you! Employed or not, you deserve it!

Be blessed until tomorrow,

Lucy D.

BONUS TIP - If you are unemployed call around, some places will cut your hair FOR FREE!!!!! You just need to prove you are unemployed!!! Enjoy!

No comments: