Thursday, September 17, 2009

DAILY TIP FOR A BETTER AND HEALTHIER DAY: Too much of anything will hurt you in the end!

Do remember that quote, "Too much of anything will hurt you in the end." We've all heard it probably thousands of times from thousands of sources. My first encounter with the devastating phrase was from my mother's lips into my eight year old ears that wanted more bubble gum ice cream from the corner store.

I remember it clearly because it was one of the first times I was certain, my mother was WRONG! How could all the bubble gum ice cream in the world hurt anyone? But as the years have passed I've come to realize, like most times I argued her theories, my mother was actually right. The saying not only applies to ice cream, but it applies to people, places and lots of legal and illegal things.

Today, I relearned the lesson with a bag of granola. Having struggled with an eating disorder I should for sure know the lesson by now. But half way through the bag, I guess my mind and body needed some re-education on the accuracy of my mother's wisdom.

By the time the bag that was "too good to put down," was done, I felt horrible. My body felt sick, was self-esteem was lowered and my jeans pinched into my waist a bit more than before. As an almost certified personal trainer I know this one time splurge won't kill me or my weight, but it was a great reminder that "too much of anything, no matter how good originally, will hurt you in the end."

So today's 60 second tip of the day is this: Enjoy the moments of ecstasy and happiness in your life and then let them pass. Don't hold on to them until they are no longer beautiful.

No matter what it is, or who it is, too much of anything will hurt you in the end and I promise, a new moment will return again shortly and make you even happier than the last.

Be Blessed until tomorrow,

Lucy D.

No comments: