Friday, September 18, 2009

DAILY TIP: WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS IT'S OKAY TO DESPISE THEM, BUT ONLY FOR AN HOUR!

TGIF!

Today's 60 second tip seems negative, but I assure it will no doubt help you have a better day. We all the know the saying "when life hands you lemons make lemonade." It's a saying that is right in line with what I'm trying to do here; help us all see that there are ways to make everyday better. But I have found through trial and lots of errors, this phrase could use a makeover. So, my fellow bloggers I propose the saying go something like this: "When life gives you lemons it's okay to despise them, but only for an hour then it's back to living!"

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying waste your whole day and feel sorry for yourself. What I'm saying is it's okay to take a time out if you are having a bad day and feel down. It's okay to have feelings that are not all positive, just make sure they occupy no more than an hour of your day.

About four years ago things in my life were far from perfect. I had no job, I had to move and didn't know where I was going, a guy I was dating dumped me in an email saying, "there was just no spark." (Translation ladies...I wouldn't sleep with him so he had no use for me.) Needless to say I was a mess. (Kind of like now.)

Watching my endless struggle, a good friend gave me some advice that I now pass down to you. She told me we all need to give ourselves an hour a day to feel bad and mourn your losses if we have them, but then, after the hour, back to living our life! I was a skeptic; it's just my natural state. So needless to say I was shocked when I took her advice and it WORKED!

I personally choose to divided up my time, 15 mins., here, 15 mins. there, and it's a trick I had to use today. I feel down. I feel useless. I feel like I'll never work again. So, I gave myself an hour to honor the fact I despise LEMONS and then got back to work!

SO....TODAY'S 60 SECOND TIP OF THE DAY: WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS IT'S OK TO DESPISE THEM, BUT ONLY FOR AN HOUR, THEN IT'S BACK TO LIVING!

Good luck with your lemons:)

Until Monday, BE BLESSED AND WELL!

Lucy D.

No comments: